How to eradicate Parse Error occurs in the ASP.NET Web Forms sample?
The following screenshot displays the error.
Figure 1: Error
This error occurs due to the mismatching of DLL version referred in your sample, when the assemblies referred in the application and the .NET Framework version of the application are different.
To resolve this issue, you need to refer the assembly DLL version that matches with the framework version used in the application.
And also, all the assemblies referred inside the web.config file should match your .NET framework version.
When you are using 184.108.40.206 and the frame work version is 4.6, then the DLL version should be 13.4460.0.53. Check the bin folder and refer the following table for DLL reference.
Table 1: DLL Reference
.Net Frame Work Version
Follow the given steps:
- Right-click on the sample and select “Open file in Explorer”.
- Inside the Project folder, you get the bin folder.
- Check the version of DLLs inside the bin folder.
When the assemblies are referred from GAC reference, follow the provided steps.
- Open Solution Explorer in the application, click on References and get the Syncfusion.EJ and Syncfusion.EJ.Web assembly references.
- View the properties by right-clicking the Syncfusion.EJ.Web, inside references.
- Check the version of the assembly in the Properties tab.
Figure 2: Properties tab
The Classic controls can be used in existing projects; however, if you are starting a new project, we recommend using the latest version of Essential Studio for ASP.NET. Although Syncfusion will continue to support all Classic Versions, we are happy to assist you in migrating to the newest edition.
For current customers, you can check out our components from the License and Downloads page. If you are new to Syncfusion, you can try our 30-day free trial to check out our other controls. If you have any queries or require clarifications, please let us know in the comments section below.