How to change the language of OLAP Cube connected in Excel?
1 min read
- On the Data tab in Excel: Select From Other Sources -> From Analysis Services.
- Enter the Server name and click Next.
- Select the OLAP Server database and Cube that you want to use and click Next.
- In the File Name, click Browse... -> Copy the path from the address bar, for example 'C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Data Sources'. Click Save, Finish and OK.
- By using Windows Explorer, open the path copied from the address bar (as pointed in step 4) and locate the *.odc file in the directory. Then open this file in Notepad.
- At the end of the <odc:ConnectionString> node, you can find “Locale Identifier=[code]”
<odc:ConnectionString>Provider=MSOLAP.4;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=True;Data Source=.;Initial Catalog=OLAP;Locale Identifier=1033</odc:ConnectionString>
- Edit, save and close the connection file.
- Open a new WorkBook in Excel.
- On the Data tab, click Existing Connections, locate the edited connection file and click Open. This connection uses the new Locale setting.
Please provide feedback or comments
Did not find the solution Contact Support