Why does the error "the type or namespace name 'syncfusion' could not be found(are you missing a using directive or an assemble reference)" occur?
1 min read
The error “type or namespace name ‘Syncfusion’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)” occurs due to the following reasons:
- Referring the application’s reference DLLs like the DLL version as Target Framework version.
- TargetFramework version is lower than Syncfusion DLL’s version
TargetFramwork version: 3.5
Syncfusion Installed framework version: 4.6
- Creating application under one .NET Framework.
- You can use multiple projects for your application. In every application, referred Syncfusion DLLs version should be the same.
- The GAC assemblies are removed or reference path differs from the Target Framework.
- Trying to refer the higher version DLLs in lower framework version projects.
- Mismatching assemblies of GAC assemblies and user defined reference path assemblies.
- You can see this by opening your project in notepad or unloading and editing your project in Visual Studio. Syncfusion assemblies should not be as illustrated in the following screenshot.
- So, remove the hint path and assembly settings like as below illustrated screenshot
Please provide feedback or comments
Did not find the solution Contact Support