How to load the corrupted PDF file using C# and VB.NET
Syncfusion Essential PDF is the .NET PDF library used to create, read, and edit PDF documents. Using this library, you can load the corrupted PDF documents by using the OpenAndRepair parameter from the PdfLoadedDocument instance.
- The OpenAndRepair overload can resolve basic cross reference offset issues and cannot repair complex document corruption.
- Using this overload may cause performance delay when compared with other overloads, due to the repairing process.
Steps to load the corrupted PDF file programmatically:
- Create a new C# console application project.
- Install the Syncfusion.Pdf.WinForms NuGet package as reference to your .NET Framework applications from NuGet.org.
- Include the following namespaces in the Program.cs file.
- Use the following C# or VB.NET code snippet to remove the XMP metadata from the PDF document.
//Load the corrupted document and set true to repair the document PdfLoadedDocument ldoc = new PdfLoadedDocument("input.pdf", true); //Save the document ldoc.Save("Output.pdf"); //Close the document ldoc.Close(true);
'Load the corrupted document and set true to repair the document Dim ldoc As New PdfLoadedDocument("input.pdf", True) 'Save the document ldoc.Save("Output.pdf") 'Close the document ldoc.Close(True)
A complete working sample can be downloaded from OpenAndRepairSample.zip
Take a moment to peruse the documentation, where you can find other options like opening an encrypted PDF document, opening document from byte array, and save the PDF document.
Refer here to explore the rich set of Syncfusion Essential PDF features.
Starting with v16.2.0.x, if you reference Syncfusion assemblies from trial setup or from the NuGet feed, include a license key in your projects. Refer to link to learn about generating and registering Syncfusion license key in your application to use the components without trail message.